It's a rainy Wednesday and I am sitting here in my semi-comfortable desk chair, attempting to formulate a plan for my first blog post. Since nothing in particular has come to mind (and I have yet to upload pictures to my computer of recent projects I have been working on), I shall take this time to write about myself. Here are the important details.
I am a woman. In every way. Yes, I love all things pink (and even more so purple). Sparkles and glitter are a favorite of mine, hence the blog title. Pointy-toed flats and heels are a common item found in my closet. I have an insatiable desire for dark chocolate at any and all hours of the day. (That, mixed with almonds, is probably my favorite delight of all.)
I am a wife. My husband, Nate, and I have been married for a little over two and a half beautiful years. Every day my fondness for him grows and, I must admit, my wonder at how he chose me. He is gracious with my faults, kind in every way, and dotes on me unnecessarily. He is truly my better half. (And yes, Keith Urban sings it best. You can watch it here.)
I am a nurse. I am currently working on an Oncology (cancer) Unit, of which I have been a part of for about the same amount of time that I have been married. Being a cancer nurse was a dream of mine from early on and I am so blessed to care for people who are fighting the fight. I have met some of the bravest humans with the sweetest of hearts. I would not trade the friendships and memories I have made, despite the frequent heartache of loss.
I am a planner. I often describe myself as being obsessive because I simply cannot function unless everything is in order. I straighten my house in the morning when I wake, and I tidy up at night before I go to bed, whether its 10PM or 4AM (I work night shift). I like to make lists so that I remember everything that goes through my scattered brain and I also relish the act of making that checkmark with my pen. It's a never-ending cycle, one that I love.
That's a wrap.
XOXO, Kayla
*The love of my life. This photo was taken for our 1 year anniversary
in 2012. Our photographer was A. Kline Photography.

Yay!!! Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteP.S. First comment:)
Em
How did I not know you entered the blog world?
ReplyDeleteHa! Because I never officially announced it! Now I have :)
Delete